Do you want to know how to disable Windows Defender? If yes, then this article will be very useful for you. In this article I am going to tell you the easy process to disable Windows Defender.
Different types of question can come to your mind that what is Windows Defender?, What is its work? etc. Don’t worry friends, I already wrote an article on Windows Defender, where your all kind doubts will be clear.
Summary of this article
- Disable Windows Defender in Windows 7.
- Disable Windows Defender in Windows 8.
- Disable Windows Defender in windows 10.
- Why should you disable your Windows Defender?
How to disable Windows Defender?
Disabling the Windows Defender is not a big deal, It’s so easy, but it is little more tricky. Just follow the steps one by one. You can easily disable your Windows Defender.
1# Disable Windows Defender in windows 7
Follow the below steps one by one and I am providing you the steps with picture so that you can understand easily. To disable windows defender permanently at first we should turn off the features of Defender. Given below steps to turn off features or functions of Defender.
- At first go the Start button then go to the Control Panel
- Then change the Category to Small icon, then you will find a option of Windows defender, click there
- After then a dashboard will open, on that dashboard click on the Tools and then click on the Option
- After then click on the Administration
- Then unclick the clicked option ‘Use this program’ and then click Save. After that close the all tabs.
The function of Windows Defender is turn off. Now need to do a simple process to disable the Windows Defender permanently. Follow the below steps.
- At first go to the search box and type Services.msc and then click on the services.
- Then scroll down, then you find a option named windows Defender, click there
- A tab will open, there click Manual bar under the Startup type option (shown in the picture) and changed the Manual to Disabled Option.
- Then click Apply and then click Ok.
The process to disable Defender in windows is completed. Now the Windows Defender in Windows 7 permanently disabled.
2# Disable Windows Defender in windows 8
Now I am going to tell you the process step by step how to disable windows Defender in windows 8? Follow the steps one by one to disable Defender in Windows 8 computer. The process of Windows 8 is almost same.
- At first go the Setting then go the Control panel.
- Then go to search box and search Windows and you will find the Windows Defender, click there.
- A new window will open, on that window click on the Setting option and then unclick the Turn on Windows Defender option. And then click on the Save Changes option shown in the down right corner.
- Then close the all window.
The process to turn off the Defender is done. Now we need to permanently, to disable Defender permanently follow the steps given below.
- The open the search box and type Run and click on the found result. Then a command box will open, on the command type Services.msc and then click Ok.
- A new window will open, find the Windows Defender Service and click there.
- A new window will open, on there click Manual bar under the Startup type option (shown in the picture) and changed the Manual to Disabled Option.
- Then click Apply and then click Ok.
The process is done. Now I am going to tell you the last process where you are going to learn how to “disable Windows Defender” in windows 10?
3# Disable Windows Defender in windows 10
- At first open your computers search box and search Run to open Run box on your computer.
- On the Run box type Gpedit.msc and click Ok, then a new window will open named Local Group Policy Editor.
- on to that go to the Administrative Template and then go to the Windows Components.
- After then scroll down and find the Windows Defender Antivirus and click there.
- Then a option you will find named Turn Off Windows Defender Antivirus, right click on there and click Edit.
- Click on the Enabled option, then click Apply and then click Ok.
The process is completed. Now your Windows Defender is disabled. I hope you learn the process “how to disable Windows defender” in Windows 10 computer.
NOTE : After done the disable process, you need to restart the computer. It will be helpful to your processor. This instruction for all windows computer, not only for windows 10.
Why should you disable your Windows Defender?
Before, I want to tell you what are the disadvantages of Windows Defender. So that you can understand easily why you need to disable. So, My suggestion is that read this till end. It will help you lot.
And one more thing, if you don’t read my another article then you should read that because those article is about detail information on Windows Defender. I am provided you the link before, this is going to be very important for you.
If you are thinking that Defender has no any disadvantages then you are wrong. Windows Defender or any Antivirus program is a background running application. It consumes our computer’s processing power and also it effects our hardware also.
The defender or Antivirus program can slow our computer. If your processor is not heavy and if your computer has low Ram then the Defender can warm your computer.
Now we need to come back to our main question why should we disable our computer? I am telling you in point wise so that you can understand easily.
- If you are using Antivirus along with the Defender : If your computer has two antivirus program like Windows defender and Antivirus then my suggestion is that uninstall the Defender because I told you earlier that it effects on your processor.
- It can warm your computer : If you are not using any heavy processor based and low Ram computer the you should disable the Defender. Sometimes your computer’s processor con’t load lots of work done at the same time on your computer and sometimes your device can be hang for your antivirus or defender. Not always but sometimes.
These are the basic and common reason to disable the Windows Defender, your reason can be another. I hope you learn lots of thing on the article “how to disable windows defender” in windows 7/8/10.
I hope you understand “how to disable windows defender” in windows 7/8/10 and hope you can easily disable Windows Defender. Disabling the Defender is your own choice, this is simply my suggestion. I am not telling you to do it must be.
If you have any question and doubts regarding to this article you can freely comment me. And if you find something more important to someone you con share.